HoughtonHoughton International Inc. is a world leader in industrial fluids, providing both high-tech metalworking and hydraulic fluid products, and fluid management services almost since oil was discovered in Titusville, Pennsylvania, in 1859. Today, Houghton cooperates with its customers to provide innovative and sustainable technical process-fluid solutions. Hence, carrying improvements in their production efficiency needs increased productivity, reduced cost, minimized risk and less environmental impact. Houghton’s customers are diverse in their industrial background, yet, we notice a heavy concentration on metalworking, automotive, aerospace, aluminum and steel. As a result, Houghton is distinguished with depth of perspective in its technical services that is unmatched among its peers. With its customer service offices and manufacturing sites spread across in six continents, Houghton helps customers all over the world find new ways to save chemical and disposal costs while accelerating production speed and enhancing part quality.
Houghton in Brief:
- Founded in 1865 and launched its first commercial product (a rust preventive) in 1867
- Manufactures specialty chemicals, oils and lubricants
- Its offices, manufacturing and research facilities are spread in more than 50 locations around the world
- Partners with leaders in metalworking, automotive, steel and many other industries
- The 2010 Kline & Company Metal Working Fluids Report refers Houghton as the world’s largest metal working fluids company.
- Steel Mill Products
- Fluid Power
- Heat Treatment
- Metal Cleaning
- Metal Finishing
- Metal Forming
- Metal Protecting
- Metal Removal