Petromin Refrigeration Oil Series is high quality solvent refined naphthenic mineral oils primarily intended for use in refrigeration compressors. They have excellent fluidity at very low temperatures by virtue of being almost wax-free. Consequently, use of Petromin Refrigeration oils ensures that evaporator tubes are kept clean to improve heat transfer & so reduce downtime and maintenance. They have a high degree of chemical stability and are suitable both for cylinder & bearing lubrication. The moisture content of Petromin Refrigeration oil is extremely low, upon packing. Every precaution should be taken to keep oil dry to avoid formation of ice in expansion valve.
Petromin Refrigeration oil is recommended for cylinder & bearing lubrication in all conventional types of refrigeration compressors and for all machinery operating at sub-zero temperatures. Petromin Refrigeration oil may be used with all refrigerants except sulfur-dioxide.
- Provides protection from wear & scouring on the cylinders & running gear.
- Exceptional stability towards oxidation.
- Resists the formation of detrimental acids in service.
- No tendency for wax precipitation at very low temperatures usually encountered in system cooling coils.
- Does not clog the expansion valves or foul evaporators’ tube.